all you need to know about me - and then some
My photo
I'm a Library Associate/Adult Services in Maryland. I'm married. I have three children and two grandchildren. And I have twenty chickens and one beehive in the backyard.

Dec 26, 2012

Little Boy Blue

If you think you know what happens to animals dropped off at your local humane society (they are eventually adopted by loving people, right?), be sure to read this book. It will definitely open your eyes to the magnitude of the problem of animal overpopulation and how it's dealt with in this country. You're not gonna like what you read, but you need to read this book anyway. (Kavin's description of the killing methods and disposal of the bodies will break your heart.)

Prevention - spaying and neutering - is a major key to the overpopulation problem in this country and you can help by donating your time, and money, to the people out there fighting the fight every single day. You can also foster animals until they're placed in a home; otherwise, they'll be disposed of.

No comments: