all you need to know about me - and then some
My photo
I'm a Library Associate/Adult Services in Maryland. I'm married. I have three children and two grandchildren. And I have twenty chickens and one beehive in the backyard.

Dec 29, 2012


If you plan to commit a crime, be sure you're NOT in Italy when you do it. It seems that you're guilty in the eyes of the police and prosecuting attorneys when it fits their political needs. Apparently, about 50% of the cases on appeal are approved for re-trial because of the shoddy work of the police and court system. Raffaele Sollecito is Italian, but that didn't protect him from the police, prosecuting attorneys and judges colluding to find him, and Amanda, guilty of a heinous crime that they didn't commit. They also spent FOUR years in jail trying to prove they were innocent. Even though I knew the outcome of their ordeal, the account of how they became enmeshed in the system - and then managed to free themselves - made for a good read.

No comments: