all you need to know about me - and then some
My photo
I'm a Library Associate/Adult Services in Maryland. I'm married. I have three children and two grandchildren. And I have twenty chickens and one beehive in the backyard.

Jun 25, 2007

Week 7 - Thing 16: WIKIS & INNOVATIVE WAYS LIBRARIES USE THEM

Wikis - what can I say? I think we've begun to take them for granted because they are so easy to use and convenient. I love the idea of a community space where we all visit when we can and build on/edit the postings that came before ours. I especially like the Book Lovers Wiki where we can look at book reviews, etc. and even add our own or edit others. I think my next fun thing to do, besides blogging, is to set up a Wiki, where my family and I can plan our reunions. It's too late to use a Wiki for this year's reunion, which takes place on the 7th of July, but there's always the next one. It would sure beat phone calls (or NO phone calls) between relatives trying to plan everything. Regarding library use of Wikis, I love the idea of a public forum, perhaps for each branch of our system, where our customers can post their comments. I can see where some of our customers might wreak havoc on our Wiki site, but I think that might end once the novelty of being able to do that subsided.

No comments: