all you need to know about me - and then some
My photo
I'm a Library Associate/Adult Services in Maryland. I'm married. I have three children and two grandchildren. And I have twenty chickens and one beehive in the backyard.

Jun 24, 2007

Week 6 - FINISHING UP THE WEEK WITH ONE MORE IMAGE


So I got up early Saturday and made currant jelly with the juice that had dripped overnight from the currant-filled cheesecloth tied to the faucet and hanging over a bowl in the sink beneath it. Thirteen half-pint jars were lined up on the shelf in the pantry by 7 a.m. Later in the day, I made the mistake of taking a stroll down to the lower end of the yard. I discovered black raspberries ripened and waiting to be picked. Those babies went in the freezer--it was a lot easier and less time consuming to do that rather than make jam or jelly. So there. Until tomorrow when they need to be picked again. Becky picked two quarts today, Sunday, and made a raspberry cobbler that was quite delicious with vanilla ice cream. But then, is there anything that doesn't taste good with ice cream?!

No comments: