all you need to know about me - and then some
My photo
I'm a Library Associate/Adult Services in Maryland. I'm married. I have three children and two grandchildren. And I have twenty chickens and one beehive in the backyard.

Jul 17, 2007

VICTORIAN RETIREMENT HOUSE


This is the front cul-de-sac area - it's a little parking/drive around this little patch of trees. And the house is surrounded by trees on the other three sides. And in back, the property backs up to a state park that is heavily wooded with a stream hidden from view among the trees just below/behind the back yard.

Because this area is on the National Historic Registry, the houses must meet the building criteria. Example: The floors inside are dark wood and wide-plank with square nails. And, of course, this particular house design is Victorian, and the dark pink with chocolate brown trim fits the era as well. The porch and balcony will be painted chocolate brown, too.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I just loved that little house- it was so cute! It really reminded me of a life-sized doll house.

Stella said...

I know. And it was back in the woods, so maybe it was a gingerbread house. But where was the witch? And Hansel and Gretel?